RESPONSE TO OBA OF LAGOS BY JIMI AGBAJE, AS IGBO VOW TO VOTE THEIR CHOICE - Continentalinquirer

News, Updates, Human Angle Stories, Investigations & Research from the kaleidoscope of thorough bred journalists...

Breaking

Monday 6 April 2015

RESPONSE TO OBA OF LAGOS BY JIMI AGBAJE, AS IGBO VOW TO VOTE THEIR CHOICE

The Lagos state PDP guber candidate, mr. Jimi agbaje has responded to the statement of Oba of lagos who threatened to deal with ndigbo if they against his APC candidate’s choice , Akinwunmi Ambode.
Following an uproar as the audio of the oba’s threat came out this evening, some of the Igbo say they will push into the lagoon. Some of the Yoruba who suported the Igbo said it was wrong for the monarch to make such comment, as it is partisan.
Indeed, some non Igbos have like those from Niger Delta have sideed with teh Igbo to chide the monarch and said though they never voted in the elections, this time, they will do so.
below are some Igbo responses:.
Also, most Igbo on the social media have responded to the oba’s threat, with so many of them calling him names, saying he cannot stop them from expressing their voting right and for whoever they decide.
Below are some of the Igbo responses:
The major issue is, this might arouse something in the Igbo,driving everyone of them with a PVC in Lagos to take up the challenge and vote against the Oba’s candidate. And wait to see how he will drown them in the lagoon.
The second issue is that he forgot that there are many Igbo who voted for Buhari in the last election and also millions of Yoruba who voted for President Jonathan.
While I await the expected response from the council of Ndi Eze Igbo in Lagos, my thinking is that with less than 100 hours to go, the Igbo in Lagos can and may dare Oba Rilwanu Akiolu this Saturday after which they all wear their live jackets………
Elelia nwa ite ya agbonyuo oku!
“In the words of Winston Churchill: “Never, never, never give up.”
I’m aware of the intimidation that a lot of you might be facing as we head into the final stretch of this election campaign. I get it. I understand what you are going through because I also had to face it in the course of this campaign, if this serves as anyconsolation.One thing I’ve learnt in life, however, is that the people who threaten you, knowingly or unknowingly, further validate your importance and underscore advantage. I would like to take this time to encourage you all not to respond to intimidation with violence but rather confront it with the collective power of your votes. Change is coming to Lagos. Tell your friends and families.
I hope you all had a pleasant Easter celebration.”
My people, my people, biko, how does the ‘lagoon’ threat by the revered Oba concern Governor Rochas Okorocha? The cab man, a retired headmaster from Owerri who just dropped me off at Uwani, Enugu said there is a directive from the Chair of their union in Owerri that they must not vote for Rochas because of that very unfortunate and misguided statement from the throne. I can’t place the relationship between the ‘lagoon’ threat and Rochas. True.
Passivity was my motto for Lagos elections, but I can’t be again. I am vociferously, Igbo, in a just way and every reasonable Igbo and Nigerian, I believe, will act justly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages