Janet Jackson visits Indiana childhood home with brother Randy for first time in 43 YEARS - Continentalinquirer

News, Updates, Human Angle Stories, Investigations & Research from the kaleidoscope of thorough bred journalists...

Breaking

Sunday 29 October 2017

Janet Jackson visits Indiana childhood home with brother Randy for first time in 43 YEARS


Janet Jackson and her childhood home are together again.
The singer and her big brother Randy returned to pay a visit to their tiny former house in Gary, Indiana on Friday.
The Northwest Indiana Times reported the siblings also met with local students, a day after Janet performed a concert in the Chicago area. 
Together again: Janet Jackson and her big brother Randy returned to pay a visit to their tiny former house in Gary, Indiana on Friday
Together again: Janet Jackson and her big brother Randy returned to pay a visit to their tiny former house in Gary, Indiana on Friday
She told pupils at Roosevelt High School that seeing the small abode brought tears to her eyes.
'When I saw the house ... I just started crying,' she said, welling up. 'Me and my family are so blessed. I'm so thankful.'
The 51-year-old said she was eight years old the last time she was in Gary. 
The family moved out of the industrial city about 50km southwest of Chicago after the Jackson 5 recorded their first album in 1969, when Janet was just a toddler.
Emotional: 'When I saw the house ... I just started crying," she said, welling up. 'Me and my family are so blessed. I'm so thankful.'
Emotional: 'When I saw the house ... I just started crying," she said, welling up. 'Me and my family are so blessed. I'm so thankful.'
Return: The siblings also met with local students, a day after Janet performed a concert in the Chicago area
Return: The siblings also met with local students, a day after Janet performed a concert in the Chicago area
She also told students she misses performing with her siblings. 
'We wanted to come here and visit Roosevelt,' Randy added, naming the school where their sisters Jackie and Rebbie attended.
'When we left, all we had was love and a dream.'
Janet, who became a mother for the first time in February at the age of 51, spoke of the joy new son Eissa brought her.
'Every doctor told me it wasn't possible. But I've got a beautiful, healthy son. He'll be ten months old,' she said.  
Happy: Janet, who became a mother for the first time in February at the age of 51, spoke of the joy new son Eissa brought her
Happy: Janet, who became a mother for the first time in February at the age of 51, spoke of the joy new son Eissa brought her

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages